Mauricio de Oliveira, first name at ucsd dot edu
Tuesday, Thursday 15:30-16:50,
David Mateos-Nunez, d mateos n at ucsd dot edu
EBU II 105
You can make an appointment with me or David by email if you need extra help.
We will have no required textbook.
Here are some books I like on the subject:
- Thomas Kailath, Linear Systems, Prentice Hall, 1980
- Robert E. Skelton, Dynamics Systems Control: linear systems analysis and synthesis, John Wiley & Sons, 1988
- João P. Hespanha, Linear Systems Theory, Princeton Press, 2009
You might find interesting information on the lecture notes that you can download below.
The Linear Systems chapter of the book Numerical Renaissance from Prof. Thomas Bewley is a good but sometime too compact reference. You can download the latest and greatest version of Tom's book from here.
For an undergraduate perspective of state-space models you can take a look at Chapter 5 of my undergraduate controls book that you can download here.
Bob Bitmead put together some notes on the subject that you can find here.
- Midterm: Thursday, 10-30-2014, in class
- Final: Thursday, 12-11-2014, in class (to be confirmed)
HomeworkHomework will be assigned but not be graded. David will review homework on his Tuesday session.
Some Old Lecture Notes
- Lecture #1
- Lecture #2
- Lecture #3
- Lecture #4
- Lecture #5
- Lecture #6
- Lecture #7
- Lecture #8
- Lecture #9
- Lecture #10
- Lecture #11
- Lecture #12
- Lecture #13
- Lecture #14
For my MAE 280 B notes click here.